Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Electrical Appointment

Heavy storm hit Sydney during this week.  Roads were wet and flooded... but didn't stop me to meet with Costa Electricals since I am looking forward to this appointment.

Jessica was very accommodating. She showed me the sample powerpoints, switches, smart hubs, intercom and alarm systems, ceiling fans and kitchen lights upgrades.

Apparently, Costa was subcontracted by Elderton.  Any upgrades that we add will be separately payable to Costa and will not be a part of home loan.  This was a surprise, but not a big deal.  Since we already have some previous costs of electrical items in our tender, Costa was happy to price match and use that cost in our quote.

I had arranged some extra double powerpoints and light battens all over the house.  LED downlights to be installed after handover.  We also included some external wall lights, TV points, data points, ceiling fans and intercom provisions.  I was also happy that Costa was ok to arrange the NBN wiring provision from the front of the house going to the WIR of the main bed, where all the data point will be terminated in a patch panel.  I really hope that this would work.

I've seen other builders hike up their prices for electrical items. For our case, the prices were reasonable.  Overall, I was really pleased.

At the moment, we haven't finalized our electrical quote.  I will try to upload some prices in the following weeks.